Saturday, November 13, 2010

I'm not an anxious person...

I'm really not. Although it seriously runs in my family. However, I'm finding it hard not to be anxious about EVERYTHING having to do with this baby. Is it a boy or girl? What will we name it? How will we prepare the house? What do we need to buy? And when do you start doing that?

We had a doctor's appointment this week and they wanted to hear the heartbeat. A nurse came in with the doppler thing and clearly stated that she was no expert at this and may need to get someone else to help her. Ummm...ok? So she starts moving the thing around on my belly and nothing is coming up except my own heartbeat. She asked if we knew what we were having yet. We said no. She said, "well little girls like to hide from this". I'm just going to chalk that up to the fact that she clearly sucks at her job and did indeed have to get someone else to find the heartbeat. Just another thought to run through my mind for the next month before we actually get to find out the sex.

I hate that I can't feel the baby move yet. I read somewhere that some people can feel the baby this early, but usually not first time mothers. However, I also read that if you hold a flashlight up to your belly, the baby will run away from the light. I think I might try this and see if I can feel any "flutters". Has anyone else tried this before? Probably not because it sounds kind of ridiculous, but I'm not above that. Okay maybe I am above that.

2 comments:

Sincerely Shey-yun said...

I hate not being able to feel the baby too. I read that some new moms don't feel it until like 24 week and that is driving me crazy. I also have the same worries and questions but mine are mostly about the house and what to name it b/c jon will not talk about names until we know the sex and has stated that even then he might not talk about it he wants to wait till the baby is born...although he did say the other night he likes the name Puddle for a little girl....Puddle really no wonder im worried.

Tanya said...

I remember being anxious too when I was pregnant with Kyleigh. All I can say is that it all works itself out. With both pregnancies we had fun talking about names pretty much up until they were born...even before we knew if it was a boy or girl. :) We got name books and 'What To Expect When You're Expecting' and other week-by-week pregnancy books. As for the house and preparing for baby, it's fun to start as soon as you want. When you get closer to the d-day you'll go through a nesting phase and that's probably when you'll finish up getting ready. One of the most important baby-proofing things to get, at least at first, is the outlet covers...little fingers love little holes. ::cringe:: And baby gates, we definitely are still using ours because they help with the doggy too. Anyway, hope this helps a little. I know it can be an anxious time, but don't forget to enjoy it! :) <3